Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentines Day!

We have had a pretty great Valentines weekend so far, and I think the best part is we don't have work or school tomorrow! We spent most of the day Saturday making some much needed repairs around the house. I was so grateful that Seth and I were actually home at the same time long enough to get something done! Seth put up new shades on our windows and it was so cute because Jackson pulled out his toy tool box to "help" daddy with all the work!


While Seth was at the BYU basketball game, Jackson and I made some Valentines sugar cookies! He loved using the cookie cutters to cut out the dough and he especially loved pouring the candy sprinkles on the top! Too bad he poured about a 1/2 jar of sprinkles on each cookie! This is probably his favorite thing to do now. He is always asking, "Make cookies, mom?"




Saturday night, Seth and I had our Valentines date, which started out at the oh-so-yummy Rooster. We were so surprised we didn't have to wait to be seated on the night before Valentines. I guess we lucked out!

Seth surprised me with tickets to the "Healing Hands for Haiti" charity ball for the rest of our date. We headed over to the Marriott for a night of dancing and live entertainment. It was so much fun to get all dressed up and dance the night away. Seth and I used to love to go dancing when we were dating, but we realized this weekend that we probably haven't danced together since our wedding! What a great time. Plus we had the satisfaction of knowing it was for a good cause!


Since Valentines Day was on Sunday this year, we didn't do much but I did cook a really yummy dinner for my two Valentine Boys. I even made a special treat-crockpot cake-which is about the greatest thing ever. I pretty much love anyting I can make in my crock pot!


So far it has been a great weekend, and the best part has been spending 3 whole days in a row with my sweet little family with NO work and NO school! We need more weekends like this!

No comments: