Thursday, May 26, 2011

Lately....









Lacey had her 6 month check up this week and continues to weigh in as quite the tiny little munchkin. She is 25 1/4 inches (40th percentile) and 11 lbs 9 oz (<5th percentile). She is right on track as far as learning new skills. She can roll all over the place and turn herself around and around on her tummy. She scrunches her knees up underneath her and I am willing to bet she will be crawling before her brother did at 12 months. She can sit up all on her own. She grabs EVERYTHING in site. It is next to impossible to do ANYTHING with her in your lap-talk on the phone, use the computer, eat. I also cannot wear jewelry in any form-and sadly neither can she! She just wants to eat it!
Jackson continues to keep me on my toes everyday. I recently took him to a screening for a preschool here in NM. I was amazed to hear the answers he came up with and to realize how smart he really is! He was sooooo excited to be at "school" and when the screening was over, he said "okay, I'm ready to go to my class." We will find out in July if he was accepted or not. I have mixed emotions thinking about him in preschool next year. I know he is ready to go and that he will absolutely love the interaction with other kids, but at the same time, I can't imagine him being gone 16 hours each week. It will be very strange to not have my little buddy around the house. I guess in the meantime we will enjoy our summer! Jackson is such a good big bro and he is always watching out for his sister. He is always saying things like "who is my little cutie?" and "hi my little sweetie" in a baby voice to Lacey. She loves it.
This past year, he has had playgroups with different families in the ward, and I am so proud of how far he has come in learning to play with other children and learning to play at all. He has a great imagination and it is so fun hearing the things he comes up with. He is also REALLY good at arguing (gets it from his dad). It is a little scary some of the arguments and excuses he can come up with when he is trying to get out of doing something. He is a master negotiater and Seth and I have our work cut out for us. For example I may say "Jackson, you can go down the slide 2 more times and then it is time to go." And his reply will be "No, 5 more times", so I end up negotiating 3 more times down the slide! I guess he's too smart for his own good.

No comments: