Monday, March 24, 2008

Long Time, No Post.

Time to catch up on my posts. Let's see...since I last posted, Jackson got the flu, I got the flu, my brother got home from Mexico, my family came to visit, my family all got the flu, Seth started a new job, Jackson got bronchiolitis, and I got grossly behind in my school responsibilities. This little face is what keeps me goin':




First of all I want to say how happy I am to have my brother Jesse home from his mission! I am so proud of him for serving faithfully in Mexico for two years and I know he blessed the lives of the people there and he blessed the lives of my family, too! What a great example for Jackson!

While all of this fun and excitement was going on back home in AZ, Jackson and I were up in Utah puking our guts out (excuse the technical term) ;) It was absolutely miserable. I hate being sick, but I never imagined how awful it could be to be sick at the same time as your baby. I could barely take care of myself let alone keep him clean and happy. It was a very gross couple of days and I think I did about 30 loads of laundry! Yuck!


This is Jackosn getting hosed off in the shower following a puking/pooping episode. Somehow he still manages to look dang cute even when he is sick...


Luckily, Jackson and I got feeling better and I even had time to sterilize my house before the company arrived that weekend. I was so glad my family could come visit and I could have a chance to see Jesse! On Saturday morning, Seth, my parents, Brian, Jesse, and I went up to Salt Lake and went to the temple. It was really cool-I had never been up there to do a session and it was a lot of fun. It was especially cool to be in the temple with my little bros.


On Sunday, we went to church and I made everyone a big dinner (which was really tasty) and then we had more friends and family over to visit. I was really happy everyone could get together Sunday night...Unfortunately I think my house may have been a breeding ground for a nasty virus that night. Most of my family woke up sick Monday morning as well as some of our company!



Brenna, Jesse, Meghan



Jackson, Katie, Brittany

On Monday, we all went up to Brighton while my mom watched Jackson, however it quickly turned into the ski trip from H*E*double hockey sticks! Alison threw up just as we pulled into the resort so Dana and my dad had to take her home. I was unsuccessful at both my attempts to snowboard and ski (I guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks :). And then Brian threw up on the way home. I think Seth and Jesse might have managed to have some fun in between all that, but I think it wasn't quite the trip everyone was counting on. We did manage to take a cute pic, though.





We came home from Brighton to a house full of really sick people, so we called it an night at about 6:00pm and they went back to Erma's to go to bed. The non-sick people stayed at my house and we watched The Office until the wee hours. On Tuesday, Seth had to go back to work and the rest of us were recovering from the flu/skiing of the day before. The girls (and Jacko) all took a trip to the mall just to get out of the house, but most of the day was filled with relaxing and more of The Office.


Jackson out shopping with the girls



I don't think the visit quite turned out like any one could have imagined...but it was still fun. I really appreciate my family making the effort to come up and see us so Jackson could meet his uncle Jesse! It was still fun to see everyone even if they did get really sick!







So Jackson got sick again just as everyone was leaving! He got a really bad cough and runny nose. Luckily, it is not RSV, but he does have a less aggressive virus and has had to have breathing treatments every 6 hours around the clock for the last 5 days. He is such a sweet boy and he sure has been a good sport through all this nasty sickness. I hope it will be over soon. Bring on summer!








No comments: