Saturday, January 17, 2009



Jackson is 18 months old! I am beginning to realize he is not my baby anymore. He has learned so much in the past few months and he gets smarter and smarter every day. Here are some things Jackson has done recently:
When Jackson whines for something he can't have, we will tell him it is "all gone". So the other day I was using a bulb syringe to clean out his nose (which he hates) and when he thought I wasn't looking he took the bulb syringe and put it in his drawer. When I looked at him he told me "gone gone". He was so disappointed when he realized he hadn't fooled me!
I was reading Jackson some stories to get him ready for bed and Seth was watching the Jazz game. I took Jackson in the other room so he could wind down, but instead he climbed off my bed and said "Daddy, where are you?" He wasn't going to let Seth get away with missing story time!
He blows rasberries on your tummy!
He finally started walking at 17 months! And he has already taken off running!
The other day I was getting ready to go somewhere and I told Jackson we needed to get his shoes on and get in the car. I was gathering some stuff together for him and before I new it he had found his shoes and was sitting by the door trying to put them on!
Now when he plays with his basket ball hoop he says "shoot" when he shoots the ball!
He is really good at repeating a tune-he sings along with the theme song to Backyardigans, and has picked up on several tunes from the radio!
He went to his first week of nursery and hardly noticed mom and dad were gone!

Jackson with mom and dad before nursery!

He has most of his stories memorized and will fill in the words he knows when mom reads to him!

When dad has the game on he will run towards the screen and say "GO! GO! GO!"

He shakes his fist and says RAH! RAH! RAH! at the end of the BYU fight song!

He can sing "E-I-E-I-O" with Old MacDonald.


He has decided he doesn't like to take naps or sleep through the night anymore!


We got my parents a web cam for Christmas so they can talk to Jackson, and whenever the laptop is shut Jackson tries to look inside of it and says "Bumpa (grampa) where are you?"

Jackson loves to brush his teeth! He says "brush, brush" to ask for his toothbrush and he walks around with it scrubbing away!

We took Jackson to McDonald's playplace the other day so he climb and run and wear himself out. He loved it! He loves to watch big kids play!




Jackson loves to dip his food-no matter what it is!

1 comment:

Jeff and Holly said...

Ems is a dipper too! She absolutely loves ketchup! We would love to go to the library with you. Its tomorrow at 10?