Tuesday, June 23, 2009

June

Well the month of June sure has gone by fast and I am dreading the thought of the rest of the summer flying by. However, we have had some good times so far this summer and we have a lot to look forward to! The first weekend in June, Seth came down with the dreaded "swine flu"! Yep, it's true! He was sick as a dog. And of course just as Seth was starting to feel like he could get off the couch...you guessed it-Jackson got sick! It was a pretty nasty week for the whole family. I am at least grateful to say I never got sick-although I am baffled at how this happened with my two boys coughing all over me all week. I suppose over a year of working in the ER has been good for something-a great immune system! Luckily the boys perked up just in time for a quick trip to St. George with the Stoker side of the family. My mom was nice enough to come hang out in Provo for a while, too. So, she watched Jackson at our house so Seth and I could enjoy the trip a little more. I am sure Jackson, too, was much happier with this situation, seeing as gramma's and aunts:

Cuddle on the couch all day long!

Let you play on the laptop!


And listen to the iPod!

Hold you up high to "shoot" at the big hoop!And take you to the park every day!

Meanwhile, Seth and I had a great time relaxing with the family. We swam, shopped, golfed, and ate great food! We also got to see "Footloose" at the Tuachan amphitheater. It was a great show and we had a blast!


Seth and I at the Tuachann


Jamie and I matching at In 'N' Out

Texas Roadhouse!


I was so happy to have my mom and Dana stay for a whole week after we got back from St. George. We had so much fun hanging out and I am so glad they could be there to help with Jackson when I had to go back to work! We all went out to Spicy Corea for dinner in honor of Elder Woodbury serving in Seoul. Seth and I absolutely LOVE Korean food, but I can't say our AZ visitors were quite as fond as us!

And of course my mom and Dana were so happy they could be in town to meet Isaac, just hours after he came into the world! So precious!
And my mom helped me sew these covers for my couch pillows-which I love!We had such a great time hanging out all week. I wish the girls could have stayed fro months! Unfortunately we did not get any pics of all of us together-maybe next time!


2 comments:

Jill Revell said...

Looks like you had a fun and busy month. I can't belive how old Jackson is getting!

Janet said...

Seriously the swine flu! That's horrible. Looks like you ended up having a fun month despite the minor illness.