Saturday, April 23, 2011
Spring Fling
I realized I haven't updated on my cuties in a while, so while we are on a short visit to Lubbock, I figured I could drop a line on these little munchkins. Jackson is just as curious as ever and continues to be such a GREAT big brother. He loves to cuddle and play with his little sis, even if she is not so obliging. He is loving the new litter of kittens at Granny's house. He loves to watch them climb and jump and wrestle each other. However, he is a little rough on them when he actually tries to play with them and we keep having to remind him the kittens are babies like his sister. I went to check on him yesterday while he was playing with the kittens and he had one of them hooked around the neck with a hanger and he was trying to lift it by the neck! Clearly we have our work cut out for us if Jackson is going to get a little puppy for his b-day this year. He is noticing letters and numbers everywhere we go and he knows uppercase and lowercase of almost all the letters and he can recognize numbers up to 20. He is also learning to tell time (at least the hour), addition, and the days of the week. He is so eager to learn and it has been really fun teaching him these things as he has asked about it. He is also just as funny as ever and he keeps us on our toes and laughing all the time. Funny story from last week: We usually ask Jackson at dinner on Sunday what he learned about in his Sunbeam class and he usually tells us "Jesus" (already a smart alick). Last Sunday we tried to get a little more out of him by saying "what did Jesus do?" He proceeds to tell us a story about Jesus as the main character of the movie "Tangled", which we had just finished watching before dinner! So clever and creative, and yet it was hilarious!
Lacey is still our little sassy girl and there is no doubt she knows how to get her way. She has really learned to talk and SCREAM lately and she is ALMOST as chatty as her brother. She is still refusing to roll over or to giggle so she spends a lot of time on her tummy and being tickled. She is just such a diva that she screams when I put her on her tummy and just waits for her brother or I to turn her, even though I know she could do it herself! And ultimately, I think her brother will finally get her to laugh because she loves to watch him talk and play. She started getting veggies with her rice cereal and she likes green beans, but squash-not so much. She is overall a much happier girl eating some solid food now, but I know she secretly wishes she could eat whatever we're having because she stares and drools at our food and tries to grab whatever she can see. She has tasted a fudgcicle-which she of course loved. And here is a video of her girly screams:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment