Monday, April 4, 2011

March Madness




The month of March has flown by and we are so glad to have Spring in the air here in NM.  We have enjoyed several trips to the park with beautiful 70 degree weather. We have also been watching our fair share of BBall the past couple of weeks as we followed our beloved Cougs to the Sweet Sixteen! Seth spent the weekend in Vegas at the MWC bball tournament while the kids and I headed down to Mesa for some fun at Gramma and Grampas. It was a nice relaxing trip for everyone, minus the fact that Lacey had RSV while we were there! But she is always such a sweetie, she still charmed everyone with her sweet little grin. Jackson is growing like a weed and I can't seem to keep enough food on the table. He is also loving playing with his trains, cars, and just about anything else "boy". He is keeping his mommy on her toes between "Mommy, will you play with me?" and "Mommy I need a snack" I don't have very many minutes left in the day! Lacey is growing into quite the diva, just as her daddy feared. She is definitely a girl that knows what she wants and won't stop until she gets it. Jackson is very affectionate with his sister, often to the point of smothering her. Typically he will kiss her cheek or hand until she cries and I tell him to stop. One morning, Lacey was sitting in her chair and Jackson was relentlessly giving her good morning kisses. Lacey saw that I was watching and she let out a pitiful little whine, so of course I said "Jackson, leave your sister alone"...and she had the most smug look on her face! At 4 months old, she has already learned how to tattle and get her brother into trouble! Unbelievable! Amongst all the regular hustle and bustle of our everyday lives, we also managed to go house hunting, find a home we loved, put in an offer, wait for what seemed like ages to hear back (it was a short sale), have our offer finally accepted, and then decide to back out at the last minute. It's really a long story, but I am so thankful for the promptings of the Spirit in my life! It is always so wonderful to make a decision and feel good about it. And as an added bonus, there are exciting things in the works regarding that same topic, which I will update as soon as I know more.

No comments: