Well, I haven't done a great job of making this mother's day special, but I did want to make sure that I took the opportunity to let a very important mom know how special she is. I feel bad because she had to work tonight until 3AM, which is about the worst way possible to spend mother's day. Hopefully this will at least bring a smile to her face. There are so many reasons that I love my wife, but I never have time to list them all in mid-conversation, but since she is working, I have all the time in the world! So here it goes.
Why I love my wife:
1. Nobody makes me laugh like she does. Since we have Jackson, I am in school, and Jill works nights, sometimes our only chance to spend time together and talk about things is when we are both so tired we can barely see straight. Even though we are exhausted, these times often turn out to be the highlight of my week. On a day she has off we might not make it to bed until midnight, and even though we are dying to go to sleep, we stay up laughing and talking until its way too late to be awake. Its hard to go get Jackson up early the next morning, but I wouldn't trade that time for anything. Its funny how after a while you know exactly what the other is thinking, and can often finish each other's sentences.
2. She is a great Mom. Its hard enough to be a mom, but Jill has to do it on no sleep. There are times where she gets off work at 5AM and I have to leave at 8 or 9. So on 3 hours of sleep she gets up with Jackson and takes him to the Library for storytime or to the park. I know its not easy, but she is always willing to do whatever it takes to make Jackson happy. There is nobody I would rather have teaching and raising my kid.
3. She is a hard worker. Whether its at work, around the house, or something else, Jill gives everything her all. She has only been a nurse for just over a year, but is constantly receiving awards at work for her diligence. She is very focused, and that is why she was able to finish her degree with an infant at home. It would have been so easy to quit, but that is not who Jill is.
4. Not only does she love me, but she makes sure she shows me. Jill is such a wonderful wife. She knows what I need before I do. She always goes out of her way to make sure I know how much she loves me. Sometimes I'll come home and she has a plate of cookies out with a card from her and Jackson telling me how much they love me. She surprises me with a meal that I mentioned that we should have sometime that I have long since forgotten about. When I am coming home from work or school, she waits on the porch with Jackson to show me how excited they are to see me. Every now and again a husband needs to be reminded that he's still important to his lady, and she reminds me every day.
5. She puts up with me and keeps me in line. I love sports. During BYU's football and basketball seasons, I am dragging her to a sporting event every other night. I'm sure it isn't always her first choice, but she likes to go with me because she knows I like to go (kind of like when I go shopping with her). I also love to laugh and have a good time, but am easily distracted. Jill keeps me on track and helps me to do everything that I need to do. She has also worked hard on our budget, which has made it possible for me to be back in school. Because of her time and effort on helping us cut costs, we have been able to pay off quite a bit of debt.
6. She's beautiful. Jill is even more beautiful than when we first met. When we met she was just a pretty girl, but she has become an unbelievably beautiful and amazing woman. How did I get so lucky?
Okay, I realize that this list will never be long enough, and believe me; there are a million more reasons why I love Jill. I can't imagine life without her, and can barely stand spending any time apart. Jill, I hope you realize how special you are to me, even though I may not do a good job of expressing it. I love you more every day, and hope that I can always be what you deserve. I am so blessed to have you in my life. Even though Jackson doesn't know many ways to show you he loves you, I see it every day. Someday he will appreciate all that you do for us. Happy mothers day! Love,
Seth
2 comments:
That was so super sweet Seth. You are definitly a lucky man!
cute! that is so sweet. seth, good job, and jill-happy mother's day! hope you guys are having a great time with your family in AZ.
Post a Comment