Sunday, August 22, 2010

Lubbock

Last week Seth had a training in a small town called Lovington, NM-which was about an hour and half from Lubbock. So, Jackson and I travelled with Seth and went to visit Granny Boldand Grampa's house for a few days while Seth worked in the area. It was a great trip and we had a lot of fun visiting our family! Jackson was so happy to have a change of scenery and so many people around to entertain him! I don't think he even left the house the first 3 days we were there, and yet he was never bored! It was a great break for me too, and it was especially nice to not be trying to keep a clean house 24/7. I had a great time garage sale-ing 2 days in a row and actually came home with some great stuff for my new house! And Seth had the chance to golf, so he was a happy man!
I am so glad Jackson and I could tag along with Seth while he worked and that we could take a mini-vacation at the same time!
Jackson and Daddy so happy to be in Lubbock
Ready for church


I have to write down the story of this little wading pool because it is absolutely hilarious. Granny wanted to get Jackson a pool for the backyard, but we weren't sure if we would be able to find one this late in the season. She decided to call Wal-Mart and ask if they had any in stock. The Wal-Mart employee she spoke to on the phone-James-put Granny on hold and "went to check" and see if there were any pools left. When we got to the store, we searched the entire department and didn't find any pools. Somehow, my pregnancy brain remembered the guy's name who she had talked to on the phone, so she decided to confront the guy about the missing pools. Come to find out James had seen the pools 3 days before, but hadn't actually checked the day we called! Needless to say we were frustrated having made the trip to WalMart for no apparent reason-and when we were walking out, there at the Customer Service desk was this swimming pool, which had just been returned! We get the pool, take it out to the car, only to discover there is NO WAY it is going to fit in Granny's car! Lucky for us, a kind young man with a big truck walked by while we were trying to figure out our predicament and offered to take the pool back to the house in his truck! I guess it just turned out to be our lucky day! I think that really has to be one of the funniest Wal-Mart experiences I have had in a while!





1 comment:

Adam and Jamie said...

How fun! That's so nice you guys live close enough that it's not a
2-day journey anymore ;)