Yesterday at clinical I successully started three IV lines in a row! yay! This is a very important skill in the ER, so you can imagine how much pressure I felt to get the procedure down pat. With each successful line, my confidence grew a little bit, and by the end of the night, I was feeling like I could get a line in anybody! (any volunteers out there? haha). Anyway, it might not seem like such a big deal to any of you readers out there, but I was feeling pretty good so I thought I would write about it. I'm sure someday when I am a seasoned nurse I will look back at this post and laugh:)P.S. This is NOT a picture of my actual patient. I found this on Google. Please don't slap me with a HIPPA violation! haha.
1 comment:
I am VERY impressed :) You are totally beating me in the successful IV contest...(not that we are having one or anything, haha)
Post a Comment